Kerala - Another travelogue

D. Dhanuraj

I was on a visit to Coimbatore yesterday. i started from Cochin at 7 am in the morning. from Cochin Coimbatore is about 190 Km. Many times, I have covered the distance within five hours (not a bad one in Indian standards). But yesterday it took 6 Hours. I had some work to do there. By the time I reached there it was 1 pm, lunch break time for most of the offices. so I could leisurely enjoy the lunch for an hour. I had to rush through my official business so to leave the city by evening. i started return journey by 5 pm and reached cochin by 11 pm. What i got in Coimbatore to conduct my Business is about 3 hours. I was asking my fellow travellers on this plight. i realised that everyone is cynical in the State these days. They want to protest and make things good but they don't see any ray of hope in the horizon. Ask anyone in the street, they will say they have lost their trust in both coalitions namely LDF and UDF. then came the news; one of my fellow traveller's mobile phone rang.. It says that Hartal is declared in Ernakulam District for saturday. i was praying that the bsu could reach the city before mid night. other wise another issue may crop up since no one really wants to take risk by driving on a hartal day.. Yes this is Kerala, God's own country. The raod in between trissur and Palaghat was washed away one month back. No one has called for a hartal on this nor there was not any hartal on garbage issue in Cochin. Why? because there was no martyers to be borne as a result of Police lathicharge and Hoologanism in Streets on these people's issues..........

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Popular posts from this blog

CPPR's social media presence on Blockathon makes a mark!

Latin Catholic community of Kerala: Role in 2016 Assembly Elections

Street Food Vending Policy- A case study of Kochi